Monday, October 14, 2013

Jewelry Organization Display


For me, if jewelry is out of sight, it's out of mind. I decided to make my own jewelry display from some wooden picture frames. Now, it's not only easy to find my jewelry, I also have a pretty wall decoration! It's easier than you might think. Here's what I did: 


I found 3 open frames at Hobby Lobby. Helpful hint, they have to be real wood or the hooks won't screw into them. Here's a link for the frames. Wait for them to be 50% off (I have found that this happens every other week), or use a "40% off one item" coupon from your smart phone. I used two 8x10, and one 11x14. I painted them antique white using acrylic paint. 



For the earring holder, I used a plastic canvas sheet found in the knitting section of Hobby Lobby. When I was wandering through the isles (I hardly ever go down the knitting isle), I found these and had a lightbulb moment! It makes the PERFECT earring holder. I have seen similar earring holders made with chicken wire, burlap, and other fabric, but seriously this is the best option. Its more sturdy than fabric. If the page is longer than your frame, it's super easy to cut to size with regular scissors. And did I mention it costs 37 cents!! Here's the link for that. You're welcome, everyone. :)


For the bracelets and necklaces, I used little tiny hooks that I screwed into the wood by hand. These just cost a couple of dollars. Here's a link for similar hooks. 


Finished product:


I love it! And it really was an easy project!




2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! It seems like a great way to showcase jewelry vs. hide it. I'm hosting a giveaway for two great pillow covers that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/11/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is definitely one of my favorite projects! Thanks for the giveaway suggestion! I'll enter it :)

      Delete