Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Pocketful of Sweet Dreams

Well I noticed that apartments usually have windows along one whole wall... and ZERO windows on all the other walls. That leaves a lot of big blank (white!) walls. I'm constantly attempting to find cost-effective ways to decorate my big blank walls. Unfortunately, a lot of wall decorations that take up a lot of space are also very expensive. I figured that a wall collage would be a perfect way to take up some space, while not spending toooo much money.


Goodness Grace Blog
This is result of the 2 hours I spent daydreaming at Hobby Lobby... For some reason when I shop there, the time just flies by. It's my happy place. 

These frames can be purchased for $2.99 each here. They are real wood too. What a great deal! I purchased some scrap book paper in coordinating prints, and some big stickers with sweet phrases. 

I kind of just guessed on the size when I cut the first piece of scrap book paper to fit in the frame. I then traced that first piece onto the other 3 pages and cut them all out. 

The "Love" design is actually part of the top right damask scrapbook paper, so I used 2 sheets to make each of those. The back of that paper is the red polka-dot paper on the top left. Don't forget to look on the back of the papers when you're at the store! They usually coordinate and would be perfect for projects like this.

Goodness Grace Blog
Here's the finished product! That's a pretty big space on the wall that used to be so bare. I really like how it turned out. I removed the glass because I didn't like the glare from my ceiling light (apartment lighting struggles...). 

Goodness Grace Blog
This one is my very favorite :) What a sweet phrase! I love having encouraging phrases around my apartment. I really believe it makes a difference to be physically surrounded by encouraging, positive, phrases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment