Thursday, October 17, 2013

DIY Burlap Ruffle Lamp Shade

This lamp was purchased at a garage sale for $4. I bought it knowing I would do something to spice it up a little. I liked the base, colors, and size, and for $4, I couldn't pass it up! I wish I had a before picture of this lamp, but the original shade was a tan color with dark brown swirls on it. 


I found scrap burlap on sale at Hobby Lobby and purchased 2 yards. 


I cut the burlap 1.5 inches wide, and the length was 3x the length of the lamp shade. I folded the strips in half and ironed them so they would be pressed in half. I then put hot glue on the folded edge of the strips, and pressed it onto the lamp shade in different designs.  I didn't really have a pattern, I just pressed them down in randomly swirled designs. 


Honestly, the lamp doesn't produce an extremely bright light because the burlap blocks some of it.. but it actually looks pretty awesome when the light shines through :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment