Monday, October 28, 2013

DIY No-Sew Curtain

This was a perfect project for my grad-school budget and time frame :) It took about 20 minutes, and I used materials I already had at my apartment. 

I used about a half-yard of leftover fabric to make this curtain for my kitchen window. The width of my window was 22" so I cut the fabric 25" wide. I also cut it around 20" long. 

To avoid pulling out my sewing machine, I used Iron-On Hem Tape from Hobby Lobby for all of the seams. Here's how I did it:

I laid the hem tape right along the edges of the fabric. 


I placed the sticky side of the tape against the fabric and ironed it to the fabric. 


Then, I peeled off the white layer of the tape.



I folded the fabric just over the tape, and ironed it again. 



I used that process for the bottom and both side edges. For the top, instead of folding the fabric just barely over the tape, I folded over 2 inches before ironing the seam. This creates the pocket for the curtain rod to slide through.


Now I see that I should invest in an actual iron so I can get those wrinkles out :)


The whole project only took around 20 minutes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment