Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY Fabric Flower Lamp Shade


As soon as I recovered my burlap ruffle lamp shade, I was itching to recover the other plain lamp shade in my bedroom. 


I  purchased this lamp on sale at Pier 1 Imports for $39.99. I loved the base, but the solid, cream-colored lamp shade was basically begging me to change it somehow. 

I purchased plain white fabric (similar to bedding sheets) and cut it into 1.5 foot by 0.5 inch strips. I folded the strips in half length-wise and ironed them to press the fold. Then, I curled the strips into a tightly wound coil. I slowly released the coil in my hand, and let the fabric spread out naturally to reach the size of flower I wanted to use. I then and applied hot glue to the back (folded) side. 


Easy! It really doesn't have to be perfect. The variations and imperfects actually make it perfect. This project probably took me around an hour. 




No comments:

Post a Comment