Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Button-Top Box

I wanted to make something special for my cousin to store all of her sorority pictures, name tags, and other keepsakes. I love the size of the photo storage boxes at Hobby Lobby, which you can find here for $1.99. 

Button box

I purchased a bag full of assorted gold buttons (similar, here) and hot glued them onto the lid of the box. I found some sticker ribbon strips for the edges of the box (similar, here) and stuck those on. 

button box

I tend to mess things up when I start free-handing letters, so I used more stickers to write lyrics from one of our sorority songs on the blank side of the box. 

button box

It turned out great, cost less than $10, and took less than 30 minutes to make! And, it's a thoughtful, practical gift. What could be better?




No comments:

Post a Comment