Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Card Storage Display


Hello everyone! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! I'm always looking for ways to preserve memories in a way that provides easy access and minimal clutter. I have saved all the Christmas cards I received the past few years, and have been trying to think of a way to save them and display them. I created these 7" x 3" card covers to combine all the cards from each year. It was actually SO easy and the entire project only cost around $7! 



I went to my favorite store Hobby Lobby and found all of the supplies I needed for this project. I loved the Christmas Phrase Foil Stickers by the Paper Studio here. I loved the foil look and that some of them mention our beloved Savior. I also adored these Ornament Glitter Border Stickers by the Paper Studio here. To bind them all together, I used these Sterling Silver Open Jump Rings, found here. I'm sure as more of my friends begin having families and sending Christmas cards, I'll need to use bigger rings, but these worked perfectly for now!


I cut the red and green card stock paper to be 7" by 3". Most of the cards I received are 5"x7", so the 7" length made it look pretty uniform, but I wanted the length to be a little shorter so I could see some of the cards. The cream colored card stock paper is a little less than 5" by 2". I used a regular hole punch to make the holes on the card covers, then I laid the card covers over each Christmas card and traced the holes onto the Christmas cards using a pencil. This helped me hole punch in the right place on each card so they lined up. 



I had enough materials to make a few extras, so I made some for upcoming years too! I love them already and plan to place them out on the coffee table when I decorate for Christmas so we can look through them each year.

Merry Christmas everyone!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6-7.



7 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I love some of the Christmas cards I get every year and I don't like to throw them away. I am going to gather up all my cards and start a collection like this. Thank you for sharing this I saw your link on Pin It Monday

    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! Good luck on starting your collection!

      Delete
  2. Really very valuable information and helpful article. Keep Posting. I hope you will also like my post Car Breeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Beyond Blue Pools we’re experienced in pool repairs and troubleshooting of all major pool equipment manufacturers. We provide Pool Maintenance, Pool Resurfacing, Pool Repairs, Pool Remodeling, Pool Replastering services in Texas.

    ReplyDelete