Sunday, November 17, 2013

Digital Picture Organization



This project has been in process for approximately the past 2 years. I looooove looking at old pictures and cherishing old memories. Thankfully, my mom was very good at documenting every piece of my childhood through pictures. I'm talking 14 extra-full 12" scrapbooks FULL of my childhood. Plus a few boxes full of pre-scrapbook-days pictures. Each time I return to my parents' house, my sister and I look at old pictures. Most of the time I just snap photos of each picture with my iPhone, but sometimes I actually scan the pictures to my computer. Turning scrapbooks and other old pictures into digital photos has made it even easier to revisit all of these pictures and memories. 

Sorting the pictures is actually very easy! I created a new "Pictures" folder on my computer, and added subfolders for each person in my family. 



I then created subfolders for each person in my family. I used general ages to sort most of the pictures. For current pictures and in the future, I will probably sort them by actual calendar year. 


Now, I can easily find all of our family's sweet old pictures. This one of my grandma, mom, and aunts is one of my very favorites :) 



3 comments:

  1. I love the way you organized these! Cleaning up my digital photos has been on my list of things to do for quite a while now! This will definitely help out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten! It's an ongoing project for sure :)

      Delete